TEECY BONDANK MATTHEWS
PROFESSIONAL SPEAKER, CONSULTANT
Creating relationships that will change the face of leadership forever.
Nationally recognized parent engagement and educational relationship expert with twenty years of experience and accomplishments in non-profit work, national, state, regional and local community outreach initiatives, and education-based programs. Innovative, effective leader with the ability to recruit, train, supervise, and motivate personnel to perform to their peak potential. Extensive public speaking experience to include design and facilitation of group focus meetings. Work ethic defined by impeccable organizational skills, team-player philosophy, and dedication to producing high-quality, measurable outcomes.
————-PROFESSIONAL HIGHLIGHTS AND IMPACT ————–
- Directed, nurtured, and grew the award-winning Teen Trendsetters program to impact over 50,000 students throughout 14 states during her tenure with the program.
- Developed and implemented Love. Read. Learn! parent training in 4 states, successfully leading a team to train over 175,000 parents/families.
- Masterminded the partnership, development, and implementation of a Pre-K parent workshop with Georgia PreK that resulted in training 50,000 families in year 1.
- Responsible for the concept, design, curriculum development, and implementation of the innovative tandem learning concept for parents and children in the area of financial literacy. Assisted in securing 1 million dollars in corporate donations over three years while effectively reaching 15,000 families in the state of Florida.
- Extensive experience in training high school students. Has trained over 20,000 teens.
- Developed and implemented national trainings and curriculum in the areas of parent engagement, literacy education, financial literacy, science, volunteers, and mentoring.
Editor – Florida Trend NEXT Teacher Guide 2002-2008
Teen Trendsetters Curriculum Edition 1, 2002
League of Cities, 2007
Consultant – BrainStorm™, Scholastic, Inc.
—————EXPERTISE & CORE COMPETENCIES —————–
Solution Finding Expert
Resilient Team Maker
Understanding/Shepard Based Leadership
Passionate Teen Advocate
Relationship Capacity Builder
Collaborative Bridge Builder
———–INNOVATION & TRANSFORMATION EXPERIENCE ———
Bofizzly Group, Ocala, Florida 2002-Present
Independent Contractor for professional service on projects related to education, leadership, volunteerism, instructional design, fund-raising, program development, and implementation.
Chief Program Officer / Vice President – Training and Learning
Barbara Bush Foundation for Family Literacy, Ocala, Florida 2011-2015
Senior- most program position in the organization. Oversight of Teen Trendsetters Program and Family Literacy Programs. Plan, direct or manage program development, administration and delivery, partnerships and collaborations, volunteer training, results tracking and reporting activities in conjunction with staff and overall management of programs and training with the support of subordinate managers and staff.
Director of Training / National Director of Teen Trendsetters
Volunteer USA Foundation/Volunteer Florida Foundation, Ocala, Florida 2006-2011
Develop and implement national trainings in the area of literacy, environmental education and mentoring. Effectively manage Teen Trendsetters national program, staff, budget and fiscal responsibilities. Teen Trendsetters is Governor Jeb Bush’s premier teen mentoring program and a proud recipient of the National Harris Wofford Award from Youth Service America.
Program Coordinator / Student Advocate – Take Stock In Children
Marion County School Board – Public Education Foundation of Marion County, Ocala, Florida 2001-2004
Program Director – AmeriCorps Florida Reads!
Marion County School Board – Marion County Ocala, Florida 1998-2001
Marion County School Board, Ocala, Florida 1993-1998
Masters of Education, Curriculum and Instruction, National Louis University, Tampa, Florida 1998
Certificate, Early Childhood Education Birth to 3rd grade, Saint Leo University, Saint Leo, Florida 1996
Graduate work, Educational Psychology, University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida 1995
Bachelor of Arts Degree, Elementary Education, St. Leo College, Saint Leo, Florida 1995